Call for scaling spreadsheets

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Sep 29 13:37:59 MDT 2006

> I guess my question that started this great discussion was really can one
> start with a given ( the bass strings ) and produce a scale that will
> compliment them.
> Joe Goss RPT

Sure one can, but it won't be all that complimentary because
that's backward. Without moving bridges and changing speaking
lengths, about all you can do with plain wire is determine
tension ranges with wire gage. Inharmonicity will be what you
get. By far the most control and improvement in rescaling
happens in the bass, which in this case is already nailed down
to whatever the existing bass strings give you.
Ron N