Call for scaling spreadsheets

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Sep 30 06:41:51 MDT 2006

I agree that "...the only way to truly "rescale" the plain steel is to rip
off the bridge and fit a new one...". But I respectfully disagree with the
implication that a piano needs to be "...so ill-designed in the first place
(that) it's not going to be worth the expense of the exercise...".

It is done routinely in a number of shops. I do it to all my belly jobs. And
IMHO, to very good and efficient effect.

I think much of this is dependant on what the targeted final outcome is and
where one's priorities lie.

Terry Farrell