A metallic sound from bridge pin/string?-Ric

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Sat Sep 30 09:16:36 MDT 2006

At 07:01 AM 9/30/2006, you wrote:
>  Ric,
>
>By trial and error, I found out where the problem is: right at the front
>bridge pin.  Making it "get out, and stay out!" is the problem.
>
>Dave Stahl

Hi Dave,
                Now is decision time :-\   Live with it, or take the string
off, check the notch, and CA the offending pin.
   I would go one step further.  Remove the pin swab the hole with West
Systems Epoxy and install a new pin. Don't be surprised if you see some of
the Epoxy ooze up the side of an adjacent pin.
If the notch needs some attention, I dress it up with a thin wood carvers
chisel before inserting the pin. If you remove the pin inspect it carefully
under a bright light for blemishes, you may be surprised as what you see.

Have a nice day.

Roger