For What It's Worth

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 5 22:42:21 MDT 2007

After a recent computer death, I bought a Dell system with Windows VISTA. I like it a lot!

My old Pagemaker software that I did our chapter newsletter with (among other things) would NOT load or run. So I bought an $89 program called Publisher Pro (by Art Explosion) which does everything that the old Adobe program did and much more, including an integrated photo/graphics editing program and a PDF publishing utility.

My point? It's a pain and an expense to "keep up" but you just have to do it.

As to all the computer-related complaints and/or controversy on the list of late, I just suggest thinking about the old maxim: "There isn't any situation that can't be made worse by complaining."

Alan Barnard

Salem, MO