CA glue and BRIDGE cracks

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sat Apr 7 08:56:27 MDT 2007

Hi Annie,
I do not remove strings. However on an old upright, I will always have the instrument standing. or at least at a 45% on a tipper. I apply the glue at the side of the bridge pin that is next to the speaking length and do not worry if the glue goes to the lower pin.
With grands I use my insulin needle to inject as little glue as possible to do the job. I only treat the speaking length pin
as the looseness of the other does not seem to affect the false beating.
If this treatment does not eliminate the false beats, suspect other things such as kinks in wire, notching, unbraided ends, voodoo`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I reccommend seating the strings first with #315 as it may eliminate the need for CA.
Also the faster the beat the less likely it is loose pins. The test with a long screw driver is always a good check to do first.

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com