What's the psychology of this?

Giovanni Voltaggio gvpiano at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 13 16:28:23 MDT 2007

I'd say the "no show" people figure the dealer is paying so they
won't be held responsible for any charges.  Also, when a customer
makes a service appointment they want it.  By way of contrast, if the
dealer provides a "free" tuning with a new piano they are more likely
to take it for granted.

Those are my guesses.

Giovanni Voltaggio
Austin, Tx