New Remington, Shoddy key bushings

kurt baxter fortefile at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 11:17:45 MDT 2007

  I came across an issue in the field that I was hoping
to get your collective opinion on.

Brand new piano, a Remington... (Essentially a Samick
with a marketing connection to Pramberger?) Anyway
decent tone and tuning characteristics, but a very
disappointing keyboard. The keys themselves look well
made, but the bushings are shoddy- 6 of them are so
saturated with glue they *click* like they have no
bushings, and the rest are much looser that I would
expect of a new piano. Some whites have more that a
16th inch of slop and a few of the blacks move up
to an 8th on an inch. (This is front bushing)

So my question is: Is turning the oval front rail pin EVER
considered a valid adjustment on a brand new keyboard?

Ethically and legally, what should my client expect
from Samick?

Just looking for a objective perspective.

Thanks,

  Kurt