North Bennett

Larry Snyder ldsnyder at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sat Aug 4 21:56:56 MDT 2007

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 Ed Foote wrote:

>> Eddie Coglin was the instructor before Bill, and I think there were
>> others before him.

After a time in the hotel business, Bill Garlick originally signed up at
North Bennett Street as a student to refresh the abilities he had first
learned in England. At that time Harold Marshman was the primary
tuning instructor, with Edmund Burke (Eddie) Coghlan helping out with
regulation and repairs. When Harold learned he was dying, he asked Bill
to consider staying on in the capacity of teacher, and it was Bill and
Eddie who ran the course when I attended in 1969.

Larry Snyder
Davis, CA