So, how much twisting do you like ? ( On bass strings. )

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 14:27:41 MDT 2007

You'll have to develop your own judgement on this, but I put a single twist in a string when installing. In old strings, I put a single twist in, listen, and if I have to go back and put another in, I might, but I'll also be telling the client that this is a signal for the need to replace; also that strings will break at the becket (particularly in the deep bass) if they're old, rusty, etc. I put full twists (whole number) in instead of half twists on old strings to avoid bending the wire back on itself at the bridgepins.

Paul

"If you want to know the truth, stop having opinions" (Chinese fortune cookie)