In-floor Radiant Heating

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Fri Feb 2 12:30:38 MST 2007

Hi Paul,

I had a client with infloor radiant heating where the piano went thru
"wide" pitch changes. There appeared to be no long term damage (i.e. cracks
to the sound board).

If they wish to protect the piano and the heating coils are already in
place a 6 inch "riser" with open sides will help. Have them put refective
foil on the underside and "vents" if they decide to "box it in". As a side
benefit the piano will possibly sound better as well--isolating it from
concrete flooring does make a difference.

A full DC system with covers top and bottom is always a good idea, but
don't expect it to "take the heat" from radiant floor systems.

At 09:48 AM 2/2/2007 -0600, you wrote:
>  I'm thinking it may be better to avoid it, but I should defer to the
>greater expertise of this list.
>

>If I don't get a definitive response from the many wiser persons here,
>I think I would advise them to avoid an area for about a one-foot perimeter
>around the piano.
>
>TIA,
>Paul
> No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>2:28 PM
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner