questions, etc.

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Tue Feb 6 13:13:55 MST 2007

Hey James,

That makes good sense and could certainly help explain what I've observed.
It also leads me to questions about soundboards that I'd forgotten I wanted
to ask:
*  What is the shape of the crown in a soundboard?
*  Where is "the crown", and what is its general shape/dimensions?

If it's a soundboard-adaptation issue, then the percentage of pitch change
should be relative to the shape of the crown.  Yes?  No?  Or am I making
absurdly reductive assumptions about soundboards and their behavior?

Does that connect with my observation that pitch drops are less stable than
pitch raises?

Thanks, as always!

Annie