Pitch raise ?

Jim jim at pianoguy.com
Mon Feb 12 07:39:06 MST 2007

What constitutes a pitch raise, vs just tuning the piano as we normally do?
Invariably, the pianos that I'm tuning have gone 'flat' to some degree
thought not evenly, hence the call to the 'tooner'.

What criteria is commonly used, in other words, how 'flat' does
it have to be to trigger the 'pitch-raise' extra charge??
Is there a common practice, or does it depend on more subjective criteria?

Jim Kinnear
Collingwood,
(Frozen North) Canada