Young Chang Bracket Update

Paul McCloud service at pianosd.com
Wed Feb 14 16:42:25 MST 2007

Dear Friends:
            I got a return call from Sam at Young Chang regarding  the
brackets and compensation for replacement.  He asked me to confirm the
purchase date and the warrantee coverage.  My customer emailed me a scan
of the original receipt and warranty, which I faxed to Sam.  He
confirmed that it was still under warranty, since the receipt states
1996 as the purchase date, and the warranty covers the piano for 12
years.  I asked if the company was going to compensate me for installing
the brackets, and he said yes.  When I asked how much they would pay, he
said $150.00.  He said he would supply the brackets.

            I would like to include a paragraph from the warranty:

            "2.  Lifetime Limited Warranty on action and case parts.
            "All action and case parts are warranted for your lifetime
(lifetime of the original purchaser only) from the date of original
purchase from an authorized YOUNG CHANG dealer.
            "If during the respective warranty periods from the date of
the original purchase, your new YOUNG CHANG piano is found to have a
defect in material or workmanship, YOUNG CHANG AMERICA, INC. and/or its
authorized agent will repair such defect without charge within a
reasonable time after notice of defect. If YOUNG CHANG AMERICA, INC.
determines that the defect cannot be repaired, or if during the
applicable warranty period YOUNG CHANG AMERICA, INC.  is unable to
repair a defect after a reasonable number of attempts, at your option,
YOUNG CHANG  will replace the defective piano with an identical piano or
with one which is reasonably equivalent."

            The meaning of the above two paragraphs is very clear.
Every owner of a Young Chang grand piano manufactured during the years
in question should have the brackets replaced with new ones, labor
included, NO MATTER HOW LONG THEY OWNED THE PIANO.   The warranty
clearly states: "for your lifetime".
            I would be interested in any comments.

            Paul McCloud, RPT
            San Diego