Chickering Grand

PAULREVENKOJONES paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Thu Feb 15 21:29:50 MST 2007

It's related, probably mythically, that Chickering would walk through the factory and on regular occasions tell a worker to modify some aspect of the design that had struck his fancy to change. From the number of his pianos (and particularly quarter grands (scale 123) that I've worked on, I always tell the client that I'll have to keep some part of the price in reserve for "discovery". Brass flanges, tricky pinblocks, wooden ply action brackets, strange cheek shelves, various screws and bolts hidden away to test your ingenuity...

PR-J

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH, STOP HAVING OPINIONS!

In a message dated 02/15/07 22:14:33 Central Standard Time, kenrpt at earthlink.net writes:
>From what I have heard, every year through that period, Jonas
Chickering came up with a better mouse trap,