paid for pitch raise

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 18 19:22:03 MST 2007

P.S.  I should've added something in reply to this:

> Hi Norma,
>
> When do you stop "doing it for free"?

The little things I do for clients - maybe never......

I couldn't agree more.  You MUST take great care of Ms. American Express
Gold Card.  But you also ALWAYS let them know in a nice, subtle way, that
you did a little extra for them.  If it doesn't slow you down during the
course of your service call, and it's really just a little thing like easing
a bushing or adjusting a capstan or backcheck, do it and let 'em know you
did that for them while you were at it.  (It might even provoke a discussion
about further work!)

Check and tighten the bench legs before anything else.  You clearly show
your client your interest in their piano and include little free services to
demonstrate that care.

Paul C