Voicing without needles

richard.ucci at att.net richard.ucci at att.net
Mon Feb 19 18:15:10 MST 2007

Dale, see you there.
Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano
( And you're right, Steve Taylor knows how to put together a great show.)

-------------- Original message from Erwinspiano at aol.com: --------------

  Hi All
  For those maybe considering attending the Mid Atlantic regional conference in Valley Forge P. A. I submit the description of the class I'll teach there.  Some of you have asked about details concerning the strike line stuff & I have decided to strategically withhold this info. till after April  so as to encourage folks to go to this great convention.
    The affable Paul Adams & Steve Taylor have organized  a great show.  I sense a freshness in there approach & a refreshing  open minded, cutting edge, out side the box approach to convention.
    It's such a blessing by the folks in charge to value there instructors by offering to pay my expenses & they feed you regularly too etc.
  Looking forward to it.  They say they often have as many as 300 to 400 registrants.  WOW!. They have to cut it off at 400.  I said "cut it off"....in disbelief.  Forgive my enthusiasm.
   Starts April 18 thru 22. Register early. Check the roster of teachers on the web site.
  See you there?
  Regards
  Dale Erwin
  (Tone King)
"Finding The Strike Line"  & "Voicing without needles"
Dale Erwin, RPT  -   Erwin's Piano Restoration  -  Modesto, CA:  1 1/2 Hours

  Ever installed a new set of hammers only to have dismal results in the treble sections?     An incorrect hammer strike line produces a weak sustain, lack of color & loss of power.   Many  pianos came from the factory not hitting the sweet spot.  The overall  sound development suffers and voicing is rendered less effective.  Custom Restoration techniques can easily  detect & correct this commonly overlooked problem.  Correcting this problem sets the pianos voice free to sing & soar.
"Voicing without needles" & "power without noise" is a very specific & technician friendly approach to tone building & without endless needling!  Learn practical ways to select the right hammer for your jobs by sampling.
   Learn 10 minute methods to determine Action ratio (Geometry) & how to quickly use it to your advantage when choosing new parts & hammer weights.
Much More.