Dissatisfied piano owner (I didn't know they existed)

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 19 21:21:41 MST 2007

Why didn't the customer bring along a piano technician to the store when she bought the piano?

How many do for a new piano? Whereas I think it is a very good course of action, I don't think many folks do that. I have hired an auto mechanic to inspect a used car I was considering buying, but I have not ever sought out an independent mechanics opinion on a new car I was buying. Maybe I am a fool.

Bottom line: Whereas I think it often would be a good thing to do, I understand that most folks think that buying a new piano from a dealer is a safe thing. (I may not agree, but I understand....)

Any how come the lady didn't notice the piano's faults until she had it delivered?

Oh, gosh. Ummmmmm. Has there ever been a divorce in this country? Geesh..... if I had that kind of foresight.......

Hey, the store talked her into getting an un-prepped Pearl River (are there ANY OTHER KINDS of Pearl Rivers?), now let them suffer the consequences.

Well, whatever. If the piano can be serviced to satisfy the owner, then great. If the owner realizes that the low-cost piano simply will not meet his/her needs/expectations, well then upgrade.

It's nobody's fault. Nobody is stupid here. No one should feel guilty. It seems it is simply a common case of a shopper not quite knowing the product.......

Terry Farrell

  Why didn't the customer bring along a piano technician to the store when she bought the piano?
  Any how come the lady didn't notice the piano's faults until she had it delivered?
  Hey, the store talked her into getting an un-prepped Pearl River (are there ANY OTHER KINDS of Pearl Rivers?), now let them suffer the consequences.

  Jesse Gitnik