applying teflon powder

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Tue Feb 20 20:15:40 MST 2007

William.

I pour some powder on a small piece of paper (like a deposit slip) and use a
key-bushing-caul-shaped piece of hammer felt--except the top part is bigger
of course, for easy handling.  I put Teflon on both sides of the caul, it
goes in fast and then I iron the bushing.  Not as fast as a liquid solution,
but I sure like the results.  I probably use a lot of powder, too, and that
would make Bill Spurlock happy.  Any left-over powder slides easily off the
slip of paper back into the container.  Is someone going to tell me I'm
ruining the Teflon powder by exposing it to the quick heat of the bushing
iron?

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois