J. Irmler decal

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 21 02:02:25 MST 2007

Allen,

seems to be usual to sell Asian pianos with a traditional German brand name.
And if such a name is not available, they just invent some German sounding,
e.g. Karl Otto Oskar Deutschmannshöfer or something like that. I saw Märchen
which means fairy tale!

The shop where I made my aprenticeship (started 1988 when the DDR still
existed) sold these Blüthners made in the German Democratic Republic (DDR).
I didn`t like them much, but they were much better than the other ones made
in DDR.

I still live in Germany, in Münster. That´s near the Dutch border and 160 Km
north of Cologne. Beautyful city with many pianos and many many bycicles.
Winner of the Livcom Award 2004 as the most "liveable" community. Here´s a
big university, many students, academics and public officials with a lot of
pianos to tune.

Gregor