Abilene, TX

Avery avery1 at houston.rr.com
Fri Feb 23 14:11:28 MST 2007

Michelle,

At 07:06 AM 2/23/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Kent.  I went to college in Abilene

I did too for about 1-1/2 yrs. (HSU). I also was born there and that's
where I got my first one on one training (after Aubrey Willis's course)
with Les White Music.

>and can tell you that it is a
>wonderful community with lots of nice people.  It is fairly large and has
>three religiously affiliated universities all with very strong music
>programs.

Baptist, Methodist and Church of Christ.

>I can, however, tell you that Abilene is in a part of Texas that
>demographics experts say is fading into history.

I hadn't heard that and I don't understand why. It's right on an Interstate!
Of course, it's been quite a few years since I've even been there!

>They've already started
>closing down a few of their elementary schools because the growth is no
>longer there.

Sad.

>Seems like everyone is moving to Central Texas (where I live) and I wish
>they'd go away!  =)

Why? It should be more money for you! :-D