dry fit

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Mon Jan 22 11:18:27 MST 2007

Hello list.

When trying to find the best hammer glue distance (strike point), I face two problems :
1°  the sound of the note with a dry fit hammer is not the same as the same note with the hammer correctly glued on the shank
2°  a sexy sound for one note does not mean that the whole piano will sound sexy with each note arranged so.

Any ideas in order to improve the process ?

In the meanwhile, I addere to the lengthy process of  gluing all hammers at a position far enough on the shank, so I'm sure that if I want to change again, I change for shorter glue distance.

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.