My first tuning attempt

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Jan 22 11:25:14 MST 2007

  I can't say, with surety, that what happened with John will, or does, happen with every aural tuner that makes the switch to mainly ETD tuning. I sincerely hope not. Because the most precious tool, the biggest asset, the real payoff in terms of a successful business for us artisans is our exponentially enhanced ability to listen---and feel--- in a focused, calm, attentive, relaxed way.

  I guess the question I have for all you ETD users is this, and I would deeply appreciate honesty here: where is your attention when you tune a piano? Do you listen in a focused, calm, attentive, relaxed way, giving your self to the world of sound? Or are you "on automatic," and free to roam through your thoughts, dreams, and schemes, putting the bulk of your attention on the stream of dialog in your head?
       <SNIP>

    David,
      More often than not  --  guilty as charged  -- I keep meaning to put the thing away for a few tunings a week, but usually succumb to the presures of scheduling and my predisposition towards sloth. As alway's your observations will be taken to heart.
      Thanks,
      Tom Driscoll RPT

     <SNIP>

   I believe it's an important question, and I hope I get both honesty and collegiality in the replies, if any.

  Happy Monday, kids.  I'm off to work......

  David Andersen