another slightly off-topic question

paul bruesch tunergeek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:05:47 MDT 2007

I meant to jump in on this yesterday but got sidetracked by the blue moon...

The USPS website has a feature which allows you to send postcards (and
other?) mailings. I haven't used it, and it's been a while since I've looked
at it... but as I recollect you can upload a design and a mailing list. The
cards are printed by USPS and delivered to your recipients, and the total
cost is less than just postage for a DIY job. (Obviously this is a
U.S.-onlysolution.)

I plan to take another more serious look at this now with the great
marketing ideas from this thread. About eight months ago I bought a business
from a retiring tech. This resulted in a huge client list, but (way too)
many have not been real active clients for the past few years... I know I
don't have much in the way of "competition," so I'm thinking either they
don't play at all any more or else I'll be able to soak 'em all for pitch
corrections!!  (tongue-in-cheek, tongue-in-cheek, tongue-in-cheek!)
Actually, now I'm thinking a good marketing ploy might be to offer to waive
the PC fee if they schedule during the slow summer months.

I particularly like Bruce's newsletter idea... maybe a single "FAQ" on a
postcard...

Thanks all...
Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN