polishing spoons

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu Jun 28 14:04:58 MDT 2007

Hi John,

Nice meeting you at KC!

I think peeling off would be trouble.  For starters, you'd have to go through and reset all the damper timing.  Unless of course you were lucky enough to have a piano in which all the dampers were lifting late, then it might solve two problems.  ;-]

William R. Monroe

  You can "fluff up" the crusty damper felt with an emery board or something similar. I wouldn't leave any grooves in the damper felt before reinstallation -- otherwise, it would indeed take hours. Could you also peel off a layer of the flat felts if there were deep grooves?

  JF