Sticking keys

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Fri May 4 20:43:52 MDT 2007

  I think John's suggestions are correct. It wouldn't be the damper lever felt, because you take it out of play by using the pedal. My suspicion is tight front rail bushings. Easy way to check this is to lift the wippen up off of the capstan with one hand, and rock the key back and forth with the other to check for tightness. Compare the sluggish notes' keys with the keys of good notes to see if there is a difference.

 Next choices would be hammer flange center, jack center, or wippen center.
    Dave Stahl, RPT

 Dave Stahl Piano Service
 650-224-3560
 dstahlpiano at sbcglobal.net