Agraffe Counterbore Tool

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu May 24 11:06:41 MDT 2007

Grinding the v-bar runs a risk of grinding through the hardened portion that
is crucial for clean termination.  Wouldn't recommend that.  I don't see any
problem with changing hammer bore for each section.  It's fairly common for
pianos to vary from the bottom of the tenor to the top of the treble (not to
mention bass and treble differences).  Often it's a gradual change (as in
Steinway), but sometimes not.  I can't imagine we are talking about much
difference hear.  There is a limit to how much you can effectively grind off
an agraffe to effect a change.  I don't see any real benefit anyway.  The
simplest solution is often the best.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com