damper felt sizes

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Thu Nov 1 21:44:57 MST 2007

I am preparing to have my own "house brand" of damper felts made for
Piano Forte Supply.  I can essentially have them cut to my
specifications, as long as I buy the minimum factory order.  [gulp...]
  The material I will be using is first-rate horizontal felt coming from
Germany.

I have been studying various damper felts to try to get an idea of the
best dimensions.  I am planning to specify two sizes of bi-chord felt
and tri-chord felt (for wound strings and plain wire strings).
I am very interested in getting some input from other technicians on
what works for you, what doesn't work and what you like to see
regarding damper felt strips.  Specifics or generalities regarding
dimensions.  The felt quality question has been solved for me, it is
now down to dimensions.  If you have a visions for the perfect cut, now
is the chance to see it happen.
I am grateful for any input.
regards,
Jurgen Goering