Grand's action bracket runs UNDER the key sticks - impossible?

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Sun Sep 2 17:24:27 MDT 2007

Greetings,

     A local funeral home bought a used Bach & Kranich grand. Director /
owner wants it regulated. I opened it up and pulled out the action. The daHg
action bracket screws are UNDER the back of the keys!

 The action bracket is made in such a way that it has cross members that run
the entire width of each bass, mid and treble sections(!) along the entire key
frame!  Has anyone ever come across this animal? It appears as though I am
going to have to remove all the keys to take the action stack off...yet, when I
remove the slapper rail, and try to remove the keys, they wont come out.
...its a catch 22!!I     I can hardly believe this!  Has anyone ever seen this?
Help!

Thanks in advance
Julia Gottshall
Reading, PA