Hoisting ?????

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Mon Sep 3 13:48:37 MDT 2007

Paul,
         Well, the original poster was me and I
am still enjoying the information being presented
here. It is so far, for the most part, very
helpful. There have only been a couple posts
where feathers were ruffled and that doesn't seem
strange at all considering the checkered past of
this list. If you don't mind I'm still keenly
interested in what people have to say on the
subject.  Thanks for your opinion about deferring
to someone else for the job. It's been addressed
before but as I responded last time I am willing
and excited by the challenge. Thanks for your post.

best,
Greg Newell

At 01:29 PM 9/3/2007, you wrote:
>That would be my take...
>
>I've long since lost track of who posted the
>original note on this thread, but let me just
>say that, while I am reasonably certain there
>may well be piano technicians "out there" who
>could effectively and safely solve this problem,
>if I was given the responsibility of getting the
>piano to the balcony/loft, I would defer to
>someone who does that sort of thing as a matter of routine.
>
>We read stories like this in the paper from time
>to time... the humongous safe that MUST be
>placed in/retrieved from the third story inner
>sanctum... and it ain't piano technicians that
>get asked to do the work... and it ain't farmers
>and it ain't gals and guys who build garages for a livin' either...
>
>While it's great to ask advice on this forum, I
>think it's ludicrous that it develops into
>sniping and bickering and tons of sometimes uninformed suggestions
>
>I think we've killed a couple of healthy horses out of the herd as well...
>
>Paul Bruesch
>Stillwater, MN
>

>On 9/3/07,
><mailto:JWyatt1492 at aol.com>JWyatt1492 at aol.com