Tuning pin drilling?

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Sep 5 20:00:55 MDT 2007

You get all your tuning pin torques within 20-25 in.-lbs. - and you are
complaining? I'm really just kidding - but gosh, that's not all that bad! I
understand your question and I agree that it seems weird. I really don't
know why that would be. I'm curious though - I usually use either a
quarter-sawn 5-ply hard maple pinblock or the rotary-sawn Multilam
hard-maple block from Pianotek (although usually with a Delignit cap) -
don't you find the Delignit somewhat unforgiving? Just curious about your
criteria for block selection.

Thanks.

Terry Farrell