EFT was, Re: Impact tuning hammers

Wimblees at aol.com Wimblees at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 14:09:16 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/17/07 7:03:05 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
IFixPianos at yahoo.com writes:

Of course I'm 6'4" weigh in about 285 and have a 38" sleeve length so I  may
have some advantage over some of the other guys, size wise. However 2  years
ago this November I took a fall while I was putting the siding on my  shop and
couldn't raise my right arm above my shoulder when I got up. I went  to the
clinic and the doc said I had a muscle tear, gave me a prescription for  an
antinflammatory. 3 weeks later I had an appointment to see my regular Doc  and the
shoulder still hurts, he checks it out and says he thinks it's a  rotator
cuff tear and sends me to Physical therapy. 6 weeks later I'm not  improving,
therapist sends me back to the doc who orders an MRI. I had a full  tear in my
right rotator cuff, I found this out Feb 2, I did the original  injury Nov. 9, I
go to see the surgeon who says, I think you rehabbed it  tuning pianos! He
could do surgery but it would mean 6 months downtime! I'm  doing pretty good as
is, I can even lift a piano!
My point is I tuned, with a regular tuning hammer and an unstable  shoulder
through one of the busiest times of our  tuning year. Work on  your hammer
technique, that's my advice.

Mike

Mike, and other who have shoulder pain or problems. My sister and wife have
become very interested in, and have been using something new called Emotional
Freedom Technique. (EFT for short). I don't understand exactly how it works,
but  it uses the mind to correct physical problems. Without going into detail,
let me  say that when you read and hear about it, it doesn't sound and look
like it will  do anything. But when you get into it, and read about all the
physical problems  it has solved, you might decide it's worth a try.

For more information about EFT, go their the web site,
_http://www.emofree.com/_ (http://www.emofree.com/)  . I have used it  a couple of times, and it
does work. My sister and wife uses it constantly. If  anything, basically, you
need to take the attitude of "what have I got to  loose", especially if your
doctor and chiropractor have not been able to get rid  of your problems.

Willem (Wim)  Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, Hawaii
Author, "The  Business of Piano Tuning".
available from Potter  Press.
www.pianotuning.com