ecofriendliness

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Thu Sep 27 14:56:32 MDT 2007

----- Original Message -----

From: Noah Haverkamp

To: pianotech at ptg.org

Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 10:32 AM

Subject: ecofriendliness

?
Okay. I'm looking for any and all information regarding the environment (preservation of forests, damage to environment from glue, etc.) as it pertains to a piano. I intend to become an expert and then teach a class. Any help?
? ? ? ? ? ?? -Noah Haverkamp Frere

The question is, why? What will you gain by knowing the damage to the environment, and the depletion of the forests, and all the other "problems" related to the manufacturing of pianos? First of all, there are only 4 piano manufacturing facilities left in this country. The "damage" they are causing is minuscule compared to the other industries. Second, on a world wide basis, again, the impact is virtually non-existence. And last, what impact will the information you learn have on the industry, even if you do?create and teach an?outstanding class?

I'm not saying you shouldn't do the homework, but will it be beneficial to us.

Wim