List vibrations

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 07:51:13 MDT 2007

On 9/27/07, David Andersen <david at davidandersenpianos.com> wrote:

> Hello, Mike Magness----
>
> You remind me of me when I started gettin' into it here, brother. I was
> all touchy, and grouchy, and made powerful, unequivocal statements
> challenging long-held protocols by vastly distinguished, collegial and
> elegant list members----
>

> and I got my head handed to me, in very stern yet caring ways. This list
> has humbled, inspired, and discomfited me; it has, with certitude, made me a
> better listener, a more concise and aware writer, much less of a drama
> queen and, crucially,* so much more grateful for my colleagues, for their
> teaching, patience, honesty, and respect.* Oooohhh, I'm feeling all gushy.
> <g>
>

> Relax. You're swimming in the big pond now,  with your peers and betters.
> Be grateful. Enjoy it.
>

> Respect is the key.
>

> My best to you, and welcome.....
>

> David Andersen
> Malibu/Mar Vista, CA

Thanks David,
I got my wife's b'day over with (yesterday) after spending my day working on
a fine old Winter spinet(read last dripping w/sarcasm).
Read all the posts about the non taper on tuning pins and checked a few
more, oops.
I was told years ago by someone that they were tapered, I never checked,
just took it at face value so I was very wrong on that point.
I guess on some of the rest chalk it up to personal differences since we are
all very independant people.

You are right I've had my eyes opened to some new ideas and concepts that I
hadn't considered before and learned to be much more judicious, specific and
sparing with any advice offered.

With any luck I'll have my head re-fitted to my shoulders by this
afternoon!! <grin>

Mike

--
You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your
grandmother. --Albert Einstein

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404