Clunker pianos - what do you do?

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Wed Apr 9 21:25:14 MDT 2008

Hi all.  I have to admit that I'm pretty tired of old clunker pianos.
Hammers are shot, strings are beginning to break, parts are failing left and
right, and the pinblock was done quite a while ago.  The problem is that
many people in my area can't afford anything better and there's no one else
in my county to work on these old pianos.

I'm curious how many of you refuse to work on clunkers anymore.  Every time
I work on one I tell myself it is my last!  =)

Best wishes,

Michelle Smith

Smith Piano Service

Bastrop, Texas