Definitive Answer (for me) was Clunker pianos - what do you do?

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Thu Apr 10 18:05:31 MDT 2008

 This was my response to this issue some time back. It's still true when you live in der schticks!

Ode to Old Uprights

They're dirty, they’re dusty,
Smell mousy and musty,
(Should long ago have been scrapped),
But we take out tools, try not to look fools,
While children watch us, enrapt.

They look pretty sad,
But to make the folks glad,
(And because they are willing to pay),
We glue and adjust, scrape out goo, gunk, and rust,
And drench the old block with CA.

“Oh bother,” we say,
“This just ain't my day,”
(When strings they are asnappin').