Dating Square Grands and 8' Old Uprights

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich at pianobuilders.com
Wed Apr 16 12:07:30 MDT 2008

Have your friend go back to the library (or his favorite bookstore) and pick up
a copy of Giraffes, Black Dragons and Other Pianos, by Edwin M Good. All will be
revealed.

Among other things your friend will learn that square pianos have been made and
grand pianos have been made but there is no such thing as a square grand. He
will also learn that Mathushek, and possibly others, attempted to bring back the
square in the 1930s. Unsuccessfully.

ddf

  _____