April 1st 2005 Science Magazine comments on piano wire "creep"

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Apr 19 21:20:11 MDT 2008

Grin...

so much for the.. "there is no credible source claiming the existence of
creep in piano wire".  Or so it would seem on the surface of it.  But
then I dont really know this magazine and the statement was rather off
the cuff in the paragraph and supplied nothing to back up the claim...
indeed it was just used in passing for the sake of illustration.

I'd like to see what the guy has to say about the direct case of  piano
wire well under the yield limit and kept at ambient temperatures and see
what he has to back it all up with.

Cheers
RicB