Reminder Cards

Mark Wisner mwisner at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 19 21:06:35 MDT 2008

Back when I made my living doing on-site service, I'd do my best to convince them of the need for regular service during the first tuning.

When completed, I'd ask them if "they wanted to keep track of when the piano needed to be serviced themselves", or "would they prefer to have me remind them"?

For the piano owners that wanted to keep track of it themselves, I'd just leave my card and not bother to send a reminder.  To the owners that asked me to remind them, I'd start my reminder card message or phone call with: "As you requested, I'm sending this card (or calling)to remind you that it's time to get the piano tuned."  The "as you requested" part made a big difference.

I tried to make sure in the nicest possible way that if they didn't respond to my reminder, I would wait to hear from them and not send another card.

Mark Wisner