Failed string splicing -- charge for time?

Pianoman pianoman at accessus.net
Sun Apr 20 08:42:22 MDT 2008

Back around 20 years ago Yamaha paid me to restring the bass in a P202 or
P22 because of recurring breakage on that piano.  It was in a university
situation.  The scale they used was to heavy causing high string tensions
and thus breakage.  There are probably thousands out there where they were
never restrung and now tuners are getting the blame.
James Grebe
Since 1962
Piano Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Products(
314) 608-4137   1526 Raspberry Lane   Arnold, MO 63010
Researcher of St. Louis Theatre History
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
www.grebepiano.com