Failed string splicing -- charge for time?

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 19 14:38:40 MDT 2008

Dave, I must agree! You get paid to do a job. If you are not successful (for whatever reason) in completing that job, then how could you charge for that?

On the other hand, you have the opportunity to sell them a bass restringing job. One door closes and another door opens. Explain that the piano has a poor scale design and that they can expect the possibility of other strings breaking.

Al Guecia