stretching wire

kurt baxter fortefile at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 12:06:46 MDT 2008

> The original question is still whether piano wire installed in a piano
> continues to stretch forever.

It seems to me that the original question was whether piano wire slowly
stretches *at all *after
tensioning,  or at least if the amount is significant, pitch wise. I think
that has now been clearly
shown.

I agree that after settling that, we have other important questions to move
on to, but I can't
pretend that this was never the issue. For many people taking a part in this
discussion
over the past few weeks, (including me, and from your comments, you) if the
string was
slowly creeping AT ALL was indeed a core question.

In moving on to other details I don't want to dismiss the significance of
what John found
and shared on the subject.

[kurt]