Pitch Raise Pricing

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Apr 22 19:09:48 MDT 2008

I tell people it could be anywhere between my standard rate and almost twice
my standard rate, depending on how bad it is. Some of those boogers that are
150 to 200 cents flat just beat the tar out of you by the time you are done.
Compensate yourself (and concurrently punish them for letting it go so long)
accordingly. My rule of thumb is add $1 for every cent it was flat, starting
at $20 up to the maximum. It also largely depends on their attitude. :-)

I also tell them if it has been that long since the piano was tuned there
likely will be other adjustments or repairs needed. If you pre-sell over the
phone when setting up the appointment there won't be any surprises and it
won't just sound like you are trying to gouge them after you get there.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802