not too much badmouthing please

jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Fri Apr 25 20:40:21 MDT 2008

not too much badmouthing pleaseIt may not be as old as you think.
Quite often people assume the date on the plate, which is the date the company was founded, is how old the piano is.
Find out what she is going to use the piano for, then make the decision what you will do.
If it is for a child to take lessons on, then A440 is a must.
Another reason for A440 is, when it is used with other instruments.
Ok, so it looked antique, but it could still only be 100 years old.
Lots of these old pianos can come up to A440.
Just check for signs of a separated pinblock. I.e. sight along the back, or along the plate line in conjunction with the top or some other reference point.