not too much badmouthing please

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 26 02:30:21 MDT 2008

Yes, some of these Ebay pianos are not so bad but some are far out of discussion to tune. On the other hand: not all pianos from someone who wants to get rid of it are bad. Sometimes I get calls from people who want to donate me their instrument and sometimes it´s a really good deal. It´s not a must that these pianos are completely worn out. I have some pianos in my clientele which are from 1880 or so. Some of these were completely rebuilt 50 years or so ago. I never tune these pianos up to 440 Hz. Someone who plays on such an old instrument is usualy not a concert pianist nor a member of any music ensemble, just a home player who enjoys to play sometimes for himself. So, no need for 440 Hz. Sometimes I am really amazed about the decent condition of some of these very old pianos. One factor might be the very stable climate that we have here in Germany.

Gregor