Hardening Bridge Caps

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich at pianobuilders.com
Sat Apr 26 11:47:53 MDT 2008

My practice is similar. I paint on the epoxy (System Three Coating Epoxy -- it's
viscosity is just slightly higher than water) and let it soak in. If it doesn't
appear to want to soak (harder maple, or whatever) I help it along with a wadded
paper towel. Work it in. Then, just before it cures hard I wipe off the excess.
After it's cured -- in another 48 hours or so -- it's time to lightly sand (just
to flatten the surface and give it a nice matt finish), mark, punch, drill and
notch. I also leave off the DAG -- never have liked the stuff.

ddf

  _____