scratched key cover

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sun Apr 27 09:17:35 MDT 2008

Best tip of the month!
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Ilvedson" <ilvey at sbcglobal.net>
To: <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:31 PM
Subject: RE: scratched key cover

> The top part is is attached to the key cover so theycome out
together...right?   I'm still unclear about why you had to drill new holes?
What do you think happened?   It worked for years, so you must have
re-installed it incorrectly...I'd say you need to pay to fix it...certainly
some Howards would go a long way to making the scratches less noticeable.

> When I remove case parts, such as fallboard/cheekblocks, I always warn the
customer about the tight fit and I have little control over scratches to the
inside of the arms.   I am very liberal with my disclaimers...;-]
> I'm wondering whether a sheet of paper slipped between the
checkblocks/case might eliminate that problem?   I