sort of OT: digital piano question

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:56:38 MDT 2008

List,
I'm thinking of purchasing a digital piano/synthesizer.  Gasp!  The horrors
... I know.  :-)  But I think it would be fun to play around with one.  And
I'm not at all abandoning acoustic pianos -- they are the best!

Anyway, thought there might be a few folks here who could share their
experiences with a keyboard.  Does anyone on the list have a good
recommendation?  I'm wanting a weighted action.  Looking at a Yamaha S90 ES
-- anyone familiar with those?  Price range < $2500.00 preferably.

Or, any thoughts about the Moog Piano Bar thing?  That would be another
option, I suppose.  I'd ultimately like to connect a keyboard/MIDI device to
my Mac to dink around in GarageBand.

You may respond privately to formsma at gmail.com

Thanks!

--