PDA-Based ETDs

Mark Purney mark.purney at mesapiano.com
Tue Apr 29 11:34:59 MDT 2008

Normally, I just use my felt-lined charging cradle as a PDA stand, and
plug into the wall if the piano is near an outlet. If there is no
outlet, I have a spare battery for my Dell, just like Ron's.

Unfortunately, the only way to get "big" battery life from a PDA is with
a big battery. I just ordered one of these:
http://www.batterymart.com/p-powerbase-external-battery-pack-us-ac-adapter.html
To use this, you need the 12V car charger accessory for your PDA. This
plugs into the external battery's output cord, which is basically a 12V
cigarette lighter socket. The external battery plugs into the wall to
charge overnight. This battery is big, but it's flat so it will fit
nicely in a tool case. Line the bottom of it with felt so it can be
placed on any surface, and you can tune all day without worrying about
battery power or finding outlets.