[pianotech] (no subject)

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 18:19:50 PST 2008

> Sun, 7 Dec 2008 15:28:38 -0800 "Kendall Ross Bean"
> <kenbean at pacbell.net> wrote:
> David,
>
> They can sell personal property to a non-profit organization and take the
> difference between the cash they received and the Fair Market Value of the
> personal property as a tax write-off, if the non-profit gives them a
> donation receipt for that difference in value.
Good luck finding a non-profit that's willing to pop $15,000 for a piano
in this time of shrinking contributions, melting endowments and arts
funding getting cut to the bone... They may as well give it away and
take the full value as a deduction. Heck, I had a client in Berkeley who
was giving away a perfectly usable small grand - and couldn't find a
non-profit willing to pay for the mover...

Israel Stein