[pianotech] Calculating harmonics/ovrtones - Valotti scale

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 24 05:41:53 PST 2008

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: KeyKat88 at aol.com
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:33 AM
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] Calculating harmonics/ovrtones - Valotti scale

  Greetings Jason,

        How do I calculate what the 4ths beat at. Using the frequencies you stated (also, thanks for those) do I chart the opvertone frequencies and then look for them that way, or is that the "long" way in other words would there be a faster way? Not that I am opposed to doing the math (love it) but was just wondering. Are there software programs for this or is it better to just set up an Excell sheet? Suggestions?

  Also, thanks Ed Foote for the info.

  Thank you for your help

  Julia
  Reading, PA